Friday, January 30, 2009

News Footage From 1981

As you all know I have had too much time online with my foot still in a cast. So I found this little ditty which just made me laugh. Now some of you are young enough that you might not appreciate it and others will not even have been born yet, but I assure you that in 1981 this was cutting edge. Now look closely at the video, see the rotary dial phone? Yep back then many homes still had them because Ma Bell charged you more for a push button. I still remember when we got our first push button phone. It was real cutting edge for a 12 yo to use and my friends had never used one before! LOL Can you imagine? Oh yeah, most of you probably won't remember Ma Bell either? *sigh* Perhaps I should write a little more about generation Jones and what we remember?

No comments: